Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beowulf my last word




The battle was not easy and even though I won, I was injured with a bit from the dragon. In pain and agony, my wound began to swell and burn the venom has started to sink inside of my body. I have battled to the end, but fate has chosen me and it is my time to leave this earth, I told Wiglaf to go back to the village because I wanted to give all of my battle garments to my sons. I still lay on the ground bloody and week waiting on Wiglaf who was there when I took my last few breathes and I told him to take care of our people and to build me a tower at the battle ground to be buried with all of my treasures. My last breath has come and I am now taken away from earth by the holy one and shall I rest in peace. According to spirits my body on earth has been buried in traditional ways which is putting me in a boat and burning it as it sails on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment